1. Jonathan Thurston, Cowboys: Has emerged as the real superstar of our game and has surpassed Lockyer as the main man for Australia and Queensland.
2. Cameron Smith, Storm: The best hooker in the game bar none. He can play eighty minutes, kick goals, tackles like a demon and can alternate between hooker and half if need be.
3. Darren Lockyer, Broncos: He is getting on in years but his list of achievements knows no bounds and has added another Origin series win to his list of outstanding achievements.
4. Willie Mason, Bulldogs: The one man the Blues and the Dogs cannot do without. Both teams look lost without him so his value to the game is immense. He looks worn out at the moment though.
5. Robbie Farah, Tigers: If Farah is injured, the Tigers season is over. He has eclipsed Marshall as the main man at the Tigers and will probably unseat Buderus as the hooker for NSW from next year and beyond.
6. Mark Gasnier, Dragons: His value can be measured by how much the Dragons and NSW have missed his game breaking ability on the field. He may be back by the finals, but the Dragons won