Francis Meli will be a Warrior until the end of the 2006 season at least after agreeing to terms on a new deal on Thursday.
The Warriors previously had an option on Meli's services for next year, but have scrapped that in favour of structuring a new arrangement.
Warriors CEO Mick Watson was both pleased and proud to be able to finalise the announcement.
"Francis has been an integral part of the club since our organisation took ownership, and it is vitally important that we retain local talent of Francis' quality as we continue to build and add to our squad," Watson said.
"Francis delivers outstanding attributes to the team via both his performance on the field, and his attitude and approach to football off it.
"His work ethic, professionalism and the way in which he interacts with our younger players sees Francis regarded as a truly outstanding clubman."
Head coach Tony Kemp was very enthusiastic about the announcement.
"The club views Francis as being the premier winger in New Zealand," he said.
"The fact that he plays the game in the Wendell Sailor and Lote Tuqiri mode means that he consistently gives us value all over the park in both attack and defence.
"Even more pleasing is the fact that as he continues to learn, his best years are definitely still to come."
Meli admitted he couldn't see himself playing for another team.
"The Warriors are the side that I began my NRL career with," he said.
"We have enjoyed some great success over the past few seasons and with the steps that the club is taking now, I am very confident that we will experience much more success in the very near future."